Monday, January 30, 2012

24 week update

How Far along? 24 weeks

Size of the Baby? Some say banana some say large grapefruit

Maternity Clothes? Yessir

Gender? Boy

Movement? Yes! He likes to do the wave in my belly. Haha that really weirds DR out :)

Sleep? Not wonderful this week because I have been sick

Cravings? Well I went to the grocery store hungry this week-bad idea! I got to the popsicle section and decided I was craving strawberry fruit bars. yummmmm

Symptoms?  Major leg cramps! OMG I woke up one night and literally could not straighten my calf with my hands. It was pretty ridiculous

What I miss? Laying on my belly. Its one of those things that I just want to do because I cant!

Milestones? Passin the glucose test, finding out that Levi is 1.5 lbs and the Doc said that judging by his size and if all goes as planned he is thinking he will take him around May 15th (which my mom was so excited about because she had just said a few days before that she thought he would come May 15th and she really wants to be right) Sooo that means in 15 weeks we could be meeting him!!

Weight Gain? Dun dun dun…15 lbs-whammy! The Doc assured me that I am right on schedule for where I am at in pregnancy and my height etc. They expect me to gain between 30 and 35 lbs- I am hoping to not go over 28…we shall see!!

What I’m excited about? Me, Kris, mom, and Whit are going fabric shopping for the baby nursery this weekend. Maybe this means we will start the nursery now :)

Baby Center update: 24 weeks
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelsey! It's Catherine (Nelson). Your blog is so cute!!! Congrats on your little man! :) My son was due May 20th, but his birthday is May 15th. I don't know when your due date is, but it's AWESOME not having to wait the whole 40 weeks (though those last couple of weeks are SO exciting/crazy either way). You look so cute! Can't wait to see your nursery ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Catherine! Thank you!! We are SO excited!! Levi is due May 22nd! I am hoping the doc will decide to take him early! He already feels soo big in there! Its good to here from you and I hope you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete