Thursday, November 10, 2011

Finding out...

First let me say that we definitely were not planning for this but were 'pleasently surprised' as people say. Before we got married we decided that if it was God’s timing for us to have a baby, it would happen no matter what so it took the pressure off of us. I was driving to Publix the night before and had this strange wave of nausea and thought ‘hmmm there is maybe a 5% chance that I am pregnant’
Now I say that because I have probably taken 50 pregnancy tests in our marriage. The first three months I was POSITIVE I was having major pregnancy symptoms and would take a test (or three just to be sure!) apparently the more you read about the symptoms, the more you have. Ha! Who knew! Ok so back to that night….

I didn’t think I was pregnant because I didn’t feel any different and I just didn’t think it was possible. I woke up the next morning and for some reason decided to take the test. I locked the bathroom door while DR was in the other bathroom showering and took the test. I only had one and it was dollar store, so when it had two pink lines I didn’t quite believe it. At this point DR is knocking on the door asking why it was locked so I threw it under the sink and let him in. I just didn’t want to tell him before work and without being sure...

 So we head off to work and sit in our meeting, all the while I am freaking out just counting down the minutes for it to be over so I can go to the drug store and get another test. Its finally over and as I am about to sneak out DR finds me and says I am being weird. At this point I couldn’t hold it in anymore so I told him I had a positive test and was going to take another. Don’t get me wrong, DR was very excited, however we had JUST had the conversation two weeks earlier that we were happy where we were at and that we would be fine with waiting a year or two before kids sooo I was kind of worried about telling him, but he was great with it and clearly God had other plans! So needless to say the other 5 tests I took all had two pink lines that assured me I was indeed PREGNANT! So began our journey into parenthood…

No comments:

Post a Comment