Friday, November 11, 2011

Our miracle

Many of you know this but for those who do not, me and DR lost our first baby back in March. We actually found out we were pregnant the same week Kristy and Kirk did so it was not an easy thing, however I don’t want to spend a lot of time sharing on that- I say that to give some background to what happened this time at 6 weeks. The Dr. had us come in at 5 weeks to get a look at everything because of what happened in the past and everything looked great. We were very excited but I was not surprised- the Lord had just given me a complete peace from the start of this pregnancy and I just knew that he had his protective hand over our family. So come 6 weeks I was at work and started bleeding. I won’t go into a ton of detail but will say that after going back and forth to the Dr. and how much blood I lost, and the pain I was in, I was pretty certain we had lost this baby. God has just been teaching me and DR about his healing hand and had really given us Psalm 91 in the previous weeks and it just kept coming back to us. DR just kept praying this over us and saying 'We ARE having this baby' What a blessing he was because I had started to lose hope. The entire chapter of Psalm 91 is amazing promises but especially these few verses…

 4 He will cover you with his feathers.
      He will shelter you with his wings.
      His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
 9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
      if you make the Most High your shelter,
 10 no evil will conquer you;
      no plague will come near your home.
 11 For he will order his angels
      to protect you wherever you go.
 12 They will hold you up with their hands
      so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.

A few different people passed this along to us after praying over our situation and we just clung to it as a direct promise from God. Needless to say after 4 appointments the Dr. was shocked that everything actually looked better than it had before the bleeding had started. I'm sitting there in amazement and all I can do is say 'Amen!!' Needless to say this baby is going to be headstrong and stubborn like his/her mama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment